The Japanese vocal-guitar duo Meu Coração releases the stunning A Tempo as a return to an earlier form. While the duo is well known for playing acoustic Brazilian music at sold-out concert halls and their Hall Tone albums, this sixth album presents dramatic variations with an exciting full-band sound.
The album starts with a vibrant “One Note Samba” and also features a catchy “Lawns”, the peppy Brazilian tunes “Corrida De Jangada” and “Batacuda Surgiu”, and a sentimental, lush “Amazon River”. The album closes like a sweet lullaby with a dreamy “Love Me Tender”.
The music grooves with creative arrangements and interesting effects, rooted by the vocal-guitar duo at the core who continue to make music from the heart.
A Tempo by Meu Coracao
- EMiKO VOiCE - vocals
- Taro Sukegawa - acoustic & electric guitar, cavaquinho
- Ken'ichiro Shinzawa - keyboards
- Cokky - electric bass
- Kiyotaka Kuroda - drums
- Yasuhiro Yoshigaki - percussion (#4, 7)
Released in 2016 on Eclectic Records as ECLC-101.
Japanese Names: EMiKO VOiCE エミコヴォイス Taro Sukegawa 助川太郎 Ken'ichiro Shinzawa 新澤健一郎 Cokky コッキー Kiyotaka Kuroda 黒田清高 Yasuhiro Yoshigaki 芳垣安洋
Audio and Video
- Live performance of "Corrida De Jangada", the third track on this album
- Promotional video showing another side of Meu Coração on the second track "Lawns"
Copyright © 2018 jazzofjapan.com
Mar 14, 2018 (Updated Mar 15, 2022)